Effective g value

General forum for EasySpin: questions, how to's, etc.
satadal

Effective g value

Post by satadal »

Hi!!

Can anyone please tell me the way to get the effective g value for a Mn tetramer with S = 5/2, for which A, E, and D parameters are available. The value is desired for solid state X-band EPR. I need the printing of the effective g value along with magnetic field and intensity.
Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Re: Effective g value

Post by Stefan Stoll »

I suggest looking into the theory as explained in Bencini/Gatteschi, "Electron paramagnetic resonance of exchange coupled systems", Springer 1990.
satadal

Post by satadal »

Thanks Stefan,

Yah, thats a very good book indeed. But, I want to know that what is the way to get the effective g value printed in the generated spectra in the easyspin. The generated spectra has the magnetic field (mT) along X axis and Intensity (a.u) along Y axis. Along with these I also want to have the effective g value printed on the top axis. Is it possible in easyspin? I can provide the E/D value to the programme.

Regards

Paul
Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Post by Stefan Stoll »

There is no specific EasySpin function for doing this, but you might be able to hack it in Matlab. Alternatively, add it later with a graphics program (InkScape, Illustrator, ...) when you finalize your figure.