EPR imaging-reconstruction of EPR images via matlab

General forum for EasySpin: questions, how to's, etc.
Alina Motygullina

EPR imaging-reconstruction of EPR images via matlab

Post by Alina Motygullina »

I am new in Matlab and easyspin as well, so probably my question does not make sense.
I am wondering whether I can reconstruct (back-projection/deconvolution) EPR images (2-d, 3-d, spectral-spatial) in Matlab with easyspin? As input I have 3 types of files - DTA, DSC, YGF (as usual). To strat with something I tried to use eprload(Filename.DTA) function, but it did not work. XEpr (Bruker software) can reconstruct images of course, but Matlab is more flexible tool.

Thank you in advance for all kind of advise!
Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Re: EPR imaging-reconstruction of EPR images via matlab

Post by Stefan Stoll »

Unfortunately, EasySpin does not have any built-in features for EPR imaging. I am surprised, however, that eprload is not able to load the DTA/DSC/YGF files. Can you post the files and the error message you get?
Alina Motygullina

Post by Alina Motygullina »

So it does not upload only -.YGF file actually. Tried again upload -DTA/-DSC files and was pretty happy to receive a big matrix of the data for different projections. At least now presumably I can use radon/iradon, conv/deconv matlab functions to reconstruct the image, and, as a long perspective, simulate imaging spectra as well.

Thank you again!
Attachments
YGF error.jpg
YGF error.jpg (249.74 KiB) Viewed 4707 times
Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Post by Stefan Stoll »

The YGF file is an auxiliary file to the DTA and DSC files that contains information about the y axis. Any stored EPR data necessarily has at least a DTA and a DSC file. The YGF file is not always present. It is present e.g. if the y axis is nonlinear.

Don't worry that eprload doesn't directly take YGF as an file extension. Just supply the corresponding DTA or DSC file name. eprload always loads all files (DTA/DSC/YGF, etc).