Updating Isotope Data

General forum for EasySpin: questions, how to's, etc.
CMP145

Updating Isotope Data

Post by CMP145 »

Hello, I am a new user and wanted to study coupling between an electron spin and a radioactive isotope of protactinium (229Pa). However, in the isotope data text document, there is no information for this isotope. I was wondering if there is a way to update the isotope data text document so that I can model this interaction? I tried just adding a new line with the relevant information and saved the document, but when I run the code below, I get the following error. I was able to use the command 'isotopes' in the matlab command prompt and the isotope information was updated there, but the code still wouldn't work. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on this. Thank you!

Line I added to isotopedata.txt:
91 229 * Pa protactinium 2.5 1.0 100.0 +3.0

Matlab Code I am running:
Sys.S = 1;
Sys.Nucs = '229Pa';
Sys.D = [-100 -200 300];
Ori = [0 0]; FieldRange = [0 150];
levelsplot(Sys,Ori,FieldRange);

Error I get:
Error using nucdata
Problem in isotopes list, entry 1 ('229Pa'): Please specify one of 0Pa.
Error in validatespinsys

After running command 'isotopes', I do see my change implemented in the gui, but still get the error.

isotopes.jpg
isotopes.jpg (92.35 KiB) Viewed 4375 times
Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Re: Updating Isotope Data

Post by Stefan Stoll »

In addition to adding your Pa isotope, you need to remove the dummy Pa line that starts with 91 0 * Pa protactinium.

Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Re: Updating Isotope Data

Post by Stefan Stoll »

If you provide a reference for the isotope data, we are happy to add this isotope to the isotope list.