MultiSpecEPR cw EPR spectra editor - easyspin simulations

Programs, scripts and GUIs shared by EasySpin users
akeramid

MultiSpecEPR cw EPR spectra editor - easyspin simulations

Post by akeramid »

Dear all,
I am writing on the forum to present to you an open source cw EPR spectra editor, MultiSpecEPR. Recently I connected the program with EasySpin. I am a chemist and I made MultiSpecEPR as a tool for handling cw EPR spectra, in my lab.
MultiSpecEPR cwEPR is a program for editing cw EPR spectra. The program originally was a batch converter of the Bruker format files to txt, written in Turbo C. The purpose of this program was for us to take the texts and make graphs in EXCEL for presentations. Later, I decided to transfer the program in Visual C# Framework and add graphics, thus, to visualize the spectra directly without using EXCEL. Since 2008, we added in the program several things that they were useful for our research, for example presentation of 2D cw EPR spectra and other. This software was very useful for me in particular during pandemic for the teaching through internet, it was an easy way to display the spectra to students. Visual C# is a powerful programming language for fast programming, however compiles only in windows environment. Thus, MultiSpecEPR is only available for windows.
Recently I added few routines that actually connects MultiSpecEPR with EasySpin. The need for doing this came again from the teaching: to execute a simulation through MultiSpecEPR is faster than to program in MATLAB, some of the students they were not familiar with MATLAB etc. How MultiSpecEPR works with EasySpin, it writes MATLAB code, the same way somebody programs in MATLAB in order to run simulations with EasySpin, and executes the code. Then the data from MatLab are transferred to MultiSpecEPR and the user can handle the spectra with MultiSpecEPR. Currently, MultiSpecEPR it uses only a few functions of EasySpin.
MultiSpecEPR is free and open access, and can be downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/multispecepr/. If you have any question you can email me at akeramid@ucy.ac.cy. MultiSpecEPR is continuously under development, thus, if you have suggestions, that I can make, please email them to me.
I hope you find MultiSpecEPR useful.
PS: I plan to make a manual for MultiSpecEPR, the current manual is old from the first versions of MultiSpecEPR, and because it was confusing I remove it completely. I am trying to complete a manual probably in next month.
The manual of a few of the functions of MultiSpecEPR including the interface with EasySpin have been added in https://sourceforge.net/projects/multispecepr/

Picture produced by MultiSpecEPR
Picture produced by MultiSpecEPR
gDMPO.png (34.62 KiB) Viewed 5218 times
A picture from MultispecEPR, showing easysim simulations
A picture from MultispecEPR, showing easysim simulations
MultispecEasyspin.jpg (387.39 KiB) Viewed 5231 times
Main MultiSpecEPR Screen
Main MultiSpecEPR Screen
MultispecEasyspin3.jpg (246.61 KiB) Viewed 5229 times
Linefitted spectrum from MultiSpecEPR{black) and experimental (red)
Linefitted spectrum from MultiSpecEPR{black) and experimental (red)
linefitting.png (25.65 KiB) Viewed 5221 times
Last edited by akeramid on Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
akeramid

MultiSpecEPR cw EPR editor's Manual

Post by akeramid »

The manual of a few of the functions of MultiSpecEPR including the interface with EasySpin have been added in https://sourceforge.net/projects/multispecepr/

Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Re: MultiSpecEPR cw EPR spectra editor - easyspin simulations

Post by Stefan Stoll »

Looks great! Thanks for sharing!