About examples of EPR spectra in "example" page of Easyspin (radical anion and cation)

General forum for EasySpin: questions, how to's, etc.
kyuichi

About examples of EPR spectra in "example" page of Easyspin (radical anion and cation)

Post by kyuichi »

Hi All,

I am going to simulate EPR specrtra of radical cation and radical anion of BINOLs using garlic.
I checked examples shown in "Examples" page of Easyspin page.
A page of "pentacene.m" is a script of pentacene radical anion and radical cation.
In the script, the two spectra (i.e., radical anion and radical cation of pentecene) are ordered to appear in one figure.
Is it OK that I separately simulate the two species and then merge them into one figure by using another soft (e.g., Excel)?
I'm not sure that the script contains some special descriptions.

Thanks

Regards,
kyuichi

katarkon
Local Expert

Re: About examples of EPR spectra in "example" page of Easyspin (radical anion and cation)

Post by katarkon »

You may save the figure in appropriate graphic format like eps and open in any graphic editor like inkscape, coreldraw and etc.

kyuichi

Re: About examples of EPR spectra in "example" page of Easyspin (radical anion and cation)

Post by kyuichi »

Dear katarkon,

Thank you very much for your swift reply and suggestion.
I will try to save each figure and then then merge them into one figure by using another software (e.g., inkscape).

Thanks

Regards,
kyuichi

thanasis
Local Expert

Post by thanasis »

You can combine any number of spectra and simulations on the same figure by activating the hold on attribute.

You can then print the figure in several different graphic formats. E.g. : print(gcf,'myfigure.jpg','-r600','-djpeg')

By all means, you can use other software, like Origin, but Matlab is already one of the best for the job. Excel is one of the worst, at least in my humble view.