Blochsteady help

General forum for EasySpin: questions, how to's, etc.
BGBRreeze

Blochsteady help

Post by BGBRreeze »

I wonder if you would be able to help me, I am working on simulating Rapid Passage EPR experiments and I was hoping to use the Blochsteady function in Easyspin but at the moment I can’t see the way to implement It to simulate our conditions.
Our samples have long relaxation times (T1 ≈ 1 ms, T2 ≈ 100 µs) and we are performing a field swept field modulated Rapid passage experiment. In our experiments the static field (Bsweep) travels through each EPR line in a time less than T1 but we still require the varying modulation field (Bmod)to bring the line into passage conditions.
I believe what I need to do to simulate our spectral behaviour is implement field into blochsteady in the form of Bz(t) = B0 + Bsweep(t)+Bmod(t) where Bsweep and Bmod are both sine functions. Is this possible? I notice in your documentation that the method for doing field sweep is to create a field sweep is to use a for loop and simulate the modulation steady state at each point but in our case the rate of the field sweep is an important factor so it would be great to be able to add that in as well if possible.

Many thanks for your help.

Ben