eprload saves field as 1x2 cell v. 6.0.0-dev.19 from .spc file (with several spectra in it)

A place to report and discuss potential bugs
davnie

eprload saves field as 1x2 cell v. 6.0.0-dev.19 from .spc file (with several spectra in it)

Post by davnie »

I use a Bruker EMX with Bruker WinEPR Aquisition for in-situ measurements. I record and save e.g. 300 spectra in one *.spc file. I use EasySpin 6.0.0-dev.19 (2019-12-10) with Matlab R2017a.

When using eprload in the stable version I would get one vector for the field (1xnpoints double) containing the one field that was scanned for all the spectra in the file.
When I use eprload in this version the field is saved as a 1x2 cell with b{1,1}= field and b{1,2}= a vector counting from 0 to nspec-1.

Example of code here:

Code: Select all

[b, scan, pars] = eprload('insitu_scan.spc');
In the Bruker software a number is displayed when recording that shows the number of saved spectra. I assume that it this number that is saved for each scan and shown in b{1,2}.

I am not sure if this change is intentional, for me it is a mild inconvenience (have to update all old scripts before running them), so I thought I would let you know.
Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Re: eprload saves field as 1x2 cell v. 6.0.0-dev.19 from .spc file (with several spectra in it)

Post by Stefan Stoll »

This is a non-intentional change. Please post your data file so we can track down the bug.
davnie

Re: eprload saves field as 1x2 cell v. 6.0.0-dev.19 from .spc file (with several spectra in it)

Post by davnie »

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for your great teaching in Brno.
I have tried to attach the scan.par and scan.spc as a zip file, The files contain 200 spectra. The first 131 are recorded spectra the last ones are empty (zeroes). The zip file is 807 KB.
I get an error saying
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
BR
David.
Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Post by Stefan Stoll »

We adjusted the attachment settings. Try again.
davnie

Post by davnie »

Thanks, it seems to work now. As mentioned it contains 200 spectra, only 131 is recorded the rest are zeroes.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Attachments
scan.zip
scan.spc and scan.par files with 200 epr spectra
(806.71 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Post by Stefan Stoll »

This is actually correct behavior, both in 5.2.27 and in 6.0.0-dev, and nothing has changed in this regard between the two versions.

When you have a 2D set of spectra, the first output argument contains both axes - in your case the magnetic field in b{1} and the number of the spectrum in b{2}. See the documentation of eprload.
davnie

Post by davnie »

I am sorry. You are absolutely right. :oops: