Suggestions to establish group communication groups such as whatsapp

General forum for EasySpin: questions, how to's, etc.
YanQing
User

Suggestions to establish group communication groups such as whatsapp

Post by YanQing »

It is recommended that forum administrators establish a whatsapp or telegram group, so that colleagues who learn, use, and develop easyspin can communicate directly and quickly. This type of forum posting is very inefficient.

Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Re: Suggestions to establish group communication groups such as whatsapp

Post by Stefan Stoll »

Thanks for your suggestion! We can definitely consider adding, or switching to, another forum platform.

Can you please clarify what particular aspect of the current forum you find inefficient?

YanQing
User

Post by YanQing »

1. The problems encountered are mainly answered by several easyspin developers, but they have fixed working hours; of course, the main reason is that the work and rest time varies from place to place.

2. Some basic questions, some experienced easyspin users can directly answer newcomers;

3. For developers, the spin system is inherently complicated, and the focus of each research group is different. For the new spin model and mathematical model, if there is a relatively large learning group, they can exchange feedback and update with the main developers at any time;

Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Post by Stefan Stoll »

Thanks. Actually, any user can start and reply to posts in this forum. All users are welcome to have EasySpin-related discussions.

The reason that you see only a few people (me and a few others) answering questions is that there is nobody else answering, not that they are not allowed to. I doubt that will change much on another forum. We are open to suggestions though.

Robert

Post by Robert »

People stay less online on the Forum websites which reduces the answering possibilities. Aero WhatsAppIf it's a social media app like WhatsApp, it has higher possibility of getting more replies from the members. That's why using a group on any suitable media application is a good option.

ykliao
User

Post by ykliao »

I think it's not just that only the developers are answering the questions. A lot of the time is that the people who ask questions only care the answer from the notable users. I personally tried to reach out people who ask questions, re-post or send private message, and most of the time it's just ignored. Creating a whatapp group only seems to create more chances for people to spam the "developers" or "senior users". I don't see any reason why the enthusiastic of discussion would depend on the platform.