Difference of Landé g-values at different radical position

General forum for EasySpin: questions, how to's, etc.
tui1994

Difference of Landé g-values at different radical position

Post by tui1994 »

Dear all members, I have a question about Landé g-value in hyperfine interaction. When I fixed a single molecule, such as, glucose and I changed radical position from C(1) to another, g-values are different. Are there effects of magnetic filed interaction between surrounding protons (since O-16 and C-12 have zero spin number) with magnetic filed of unpaired electron at C-atom? Does interaction between magnetic filed of electron and surrounding protons affect to hyperfine coupling constant, a? If anyone have some explanations or suggestions please tell me. Thanks everyone :D !
nwili
User

Re: Difference of Landé g-values at different radical posit

Post by nwili »

I am not quite sure what the question is. Did you "change radical position" experimentally, or in a quantum chemistry program? What hyperfine coupling exactly do you mean?
tui1994

Post by tui1994 »

I changed manually in quantum chemistry program. It reported g tensor different when I change position of C-atom on glucose ring. What is the reason of position dependence for g tensor? For hyperfine tensor,is it relate to C-atom position or surrounding protons or O-atom in the molecule?
Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Post by Stefan Stoll »

The g tensor is a function of the spin density distribution in the molecule, and its relation to the nuclear position. If you change the geometry in an area of significant spin density, the g tensor is therefore expected to change.