Installation/expiration

General forum for EasySpin: questions, how to's, etc.
djrbrook

Installation/expiration

Post by djrbrook »

I have been using Easyspin v. 5.0.2 on MATLAB 2009b on my Mac (running 'Mavericks') with no problems until now. However this spring I upgraded my mac to 'El Capitan' (The most recent OS my aging computer will support). Still no problems until recently when my version of 'EasySpin' expired. I downloaded the most recent version, but found that it will not compile using the newer Xcode/command line tools. The problem seems to be that my old version of MATLAB is not compatible with the new OSX developer tools. Unfortunately upgrading to a more recent version of MATLAB is not a current possibility (expense) so I'm looking for another workaround. Since I had no problems before easyspin expired, is it possible to bypass the expiration? Or can I compile the code on a similar computer running an older OS and then transfer the compiled files? Other suggestions are welcome

Dave
Stefan Stoll
EasySpin Creator

Re: Installation/expiration

Post by Stefan Stoll »

For some reason, 5.1.12 is missing the Mac binaries *.mexmaci64 in the folder easyspin/private. To work around this, download the previous version 5.1.11 here and transfer those files over to the same folder in 5.1.12.